Windows Movie Maker

Dekka123 10:16 12 Aug 08

I have windows XP Pro wirh SP2 and Hauppage win 2000 capture device which works perfectly well with other capture software. When I try to capture with WMM it tells me that no capture device is detected. Any ideas anyone. Thanks in advance.

Bagsey 14:44 12 Aug 08

What camera are you using. Digital or Analogue.??
Have you got the connection setup using a Firewire cable and is your camera switched on,??
Daft Questions but easy mistakes to make.

Dekka123 14:53 12 Aug 08

Thanks Bagsey for the reply. I am not using a camera , I am using win TV. It is analologue and everything is switched on. It had used to work OK with WMM but I haven't used it for some time but now I get this message

Bagsey 16:39 12 Aug 08

Sorry but I have never used that equipmentso cant help but I can commisorate with you as I having not used my video camera fo two years have just had to go through a long relearning process. Hence the questions.
If you dont find any help on this forum you might find this one helpfull.
click here

Woolwell 17:12 12 Aug 08

I think WMM only allows for capture from a camcorder. You can import video already on file. I think that you may have to record the TV and then import it. Haven't got the Hauppage so cannot help any more.

eedcam 18:29 12 Aug 08

WMM imports from my Hauppage win TV2000

Look in wmm's help

Capturing video
You can capture video and audio to your computer by using Windows Movie Maker. To begin capturing, a video capture device must be connected properly and detected on your computer by Windows Movie Maker. Some audio and video capture devices and sources that you can use include a digital video (DV) or analog camera or VCR, a Web camera, a TV tuner card, or a microphone. You can capture content live or from video tape.

Dekka123 23:27 12 Aug 08

Thanks to all who replied. It seems WMM does not capture MPeg which is what my version of win tv outputs. It does let me import video files so that will have to do I reckon. Thank you all who have taken the trouble to get involved in my problem. I will tick this as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…