windows mobile backward compatible

kimisam 00:33 17 Oct 08

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make windows mobile 6 to run programmes that is wirtten on previous windows mobile version please.

many thanks

kimisam 00:48 17 Oct 08

HI,

I forgot to memtion that I have an acer n50 pda runs on windows 2003 Second edition and I recently brought a HP ipag runs windows mobile 6.

However, the programme that runs on the acer will not run on the HP because of a compatibility problem!

any help will be very much appreciated.

cheers

kimisam 00:47 18 Oct 08

is there a genius somewhere can tell me how to down grade from windows mobile 6 to windows mobile 2003 please, I am getting very desperate.

thanks

mocha 08:11 18 Oct 08

Hi kimisam,

Have a look at this site, click here there is a utility on there 'Dependency Walker' that may be able to help you. Informs of .dll's that are required to be on your PDA in order for the APP's to run.

In some cases if the programs have been badly written then they will not run whatever you do, unless you have the source code and you can recompile in WM6.

Good Luck.

kimisam 01:10 19 Oct 08

Hi Beta, mocha,

many thanks for your reply and is very much appreciated.

is there a way to re-install the os like we do with desktop pc or similar?

there must be someone out there can help!

regards

kimisam 12:35 19 Oct 08

Hi Beta,

the pda that runs wm6 is an: HP ipag 114. any chance that I could wipe wm6 and install wm 2003?

many thanks

regards

kimisam 16:46 19 Oct 08

Hi Beta,

I just been told that the software that I am using is written base on PPC 2003 and will not work with any other version of windows mobile except 2003.

I guess I have been screwed.

many thanks anyway.

regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…