Windows - missing program files. Help!

pyjamas 11:59 20 Nov 06

I just ran Norton Windoctor and it's results showed 2 missing programme files. These are, C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB898458$\ORUN32.EXE learn32.dll. and pctree32.dll.. The dialogue box said that I could have problems running some programmes if I don't have these files in situ but the Windoctor was unable to repair the problem. Please could someone who knows what they are talking about let me know whether or not I do really need these files and if so how do I go about repairing the problem. I would really appreciate some help!

anskyber 12:18 20 Nov 06

Have a read of this click here

anskyber 12:23 20 Nov 06

Reading other threads (type or copy and paste the full error message into Google) the view seems to be if it isn't broken then do not fix it.

It appears to be a function of the way windoctor works. If your downloads are still coming throgh Ok then you may decide its not worth bothering about.

Others may help you more from here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…