Windows Millenium USB

mrtreacle 21:00 27 Apr 07

Hi

Just trying to sort out a relative's new printer
They have installed by error as an LPT1 connection but the printer is actually connected via USB cable and doesnt have the older style LPT connection
Does Windows Millenium support USB fully i can see two USB ports on the pc but there doesnt seem to be any reference to USB in device manager ?

Any help much appreciated please ?

gudgulf 21:07 27 Apr 07

Yes Me does support USB....but each device will need to have dedicated USB drivers for it.

Check the printers installation disc and make sure that there are drivers for Windows Me on it.

Will you post the make and model of the printer then we can assist you further.

mrtreacle 21:45 27 Apr 07

Hi

The printer is an Epson Photo Stylus RX520

Dont know if this helps

Thanks

jimv7 22:09 27 Apr 07

Uninstall the software, reinstall it and follow the onscreen instruction as to when to connect and turn on the printer.

If this is not done it will default to lpt1.

woodchip 22:13 27 Apr 07

Uninstall the software as above and any reference to the Epson in Windows Explorer. Then put the Epson CD in comp without the Printer connected. run setup and watch for the Epson software start looking for printer, at this point plug the printer into the USB and switch it on

Jack Hackett 22:56 27 Apr 07

As you dont see any reference to USB controllers in Device Manager, have you checked that the USB ports are enabled in the BIOS?

MrNerdy 23:09 27 Apr 07

ME is really Win98 3rd Edition, You will need the drivers for them.
USB drivers are not required for Win2k pro & XP onwards.

mrtreacle 23:34 27 Apr 07

Hi All

Thanks for advice will try some of your suggestions

phono 00:28 28 Apr 07

Windows ME actually has built in support for USB controllers and hubs see click here

anchor 11:48 28 Apr 07

This advice from Epson may help:

click here

anchor 11:50 28 Apr 07

Drivers here for Win ME and Win 98:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…