Windows Millenium and Audio conflicts

Lisa-212693 09:29 03 Jan 04

When I first got my computer there was a problem with the soundcard and my partner who is not really into computers rang Tiny and was gentled through some typing which corrected the problem. He did not make a note of any of this. Since then, my hard drive crashed and as Time would not honour our extended warranty we used a local engineer who replaced it with a larger disc and at the same time upgraded my soundcard to a EMU 10kx. It worked in the shop but not at home. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem which, as the drivers are installed, I presume comes from a conflict between the Soundcard, Windows Me and the speakers? I would be grateful for any info on any patch I could download or type in to solve the problem as I have not had time to return to the repairer. Thanks.

billyliv 12:40 03 Jan 04

Hi, Do you have the Speaker Icon in your taskbar?. Cheers, Bill

Lisa-212693 09:03 04 Jan 04

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately yes, I do have the speaker icon and the volume is up too.

billyliv 10:52 04 Jan 04

Hi, Have a look at this thread click here. It may be of some help. cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…