Windows messenger XP video/audio

Baslla321 09:32 05 Dec 03

This is strange. Can communicate normally and even send pictures but when we try voice alone or voice and webcam, we just cant contact. Win Messenger tells my contacts that I seem to be having some problem. They can contact others by voice and video, but not me! I have checked with the messenger Audio Tuning wizard and all was normal. Any suggestions please?

powerless 09:39 05 Dec 03

Behind a firewall?

Baslla321 10:32 05 Dec 03

yes, I have Zone Alarm pro on a trial basis. Actually today is the last day. Also XP firewall is activated.

powerless 10:33 05 Dec 03

Disable both of them.

...and try again.

I suspect that ZA is interferring and it does not help with ICF turned on.

Baslla321 10:45 05 Dec 03

Thanks. I will try it out this evening when my contacts are usually available. Wont this expose me to danger, while I am on mesenger? I also have Adaware and SpywareBlaster

powerless 10:48 05 Dec 03

To check that ZA is not causing your problem disabling it will be the easisest way to see.

If you stll have the same problem, then post back and we'll have a look at what settings you have for messenger in ZA.

Turn of XP's firewall though.

Baslla321 17:31 05 Dec 03

I got one contact. She came in 'loud & clear' but couldnt hear me. I had ZA off and XP firewall off. I am suspecting that the fault is from the other side not mine! Will try others, if they come up. TKS

anchor 19:24 05 Dec 03

It seems many of us are having problems with MSN messenger, (see other recent threads). Microsoft seems not to be of much help, except to say that both parties should not have a firewall running.

As an alternative, try Yahoo messenger, which seems to work OK. You would both need Yahoo ID`s, but that`s free.

click here

Some people have also suggested Eyeball-Chat, but I have not used it yet.

Baslla321 09:54 06 Dec 03

Thanks for yr suggestion. Yahoo seems OK but if my other contacts dont also change, then it's useless for me. Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…