Windows Messenger v MSN Messenger - Help

Photographica1 19:28 04 Jun 03

I am suffering a long time puzzle. I have Windows XP Pro. My mate has XP Home. We can CHAT with messenger no problem. But when I try Remote assitance or whiteboard or app sharing - nothing happens except a little box which says waiting - and keeps doing so for eternity.
I tried to launch the remote assitance from within the windows Help & Support centre - to be told that messenger was not installed. But i have been chatting with it!
It suggested I download it by clicking on a link. This took me to a page which installs MSN messenger! now I appear to have 2 different versions of messenger, but white board still does not work!
What is the difference between and how can i make this bit of XP work - it is not disabled that I can see.

watchful 21:09 04 Jun 03

The Spires 21:55 04 Jun 03

The problem is most likely your firewall which is blocking whiteboard etc. Have a look here click here under 'Why can't I access Chat or the Whiteboard from work ?'

Despicable Desperado 22:10 04 Jun 03

What exactly are you trying to do. Remote assistance works differently for the two flavours of XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…