Windows messenger and send a file

Elrond 16:11 30 Jan 03

I was on messenger talking to a friend and he tried to send me a file. However it wasn't allowed to receive it. Assuming ZA might be the problem i disabled and asked him to send it again. Still didn't work. He said it's something to do with my cable modem. Never got to explain to me the problem exactly. So i was wondering if anybody here may be able to follow up or even suggest how i can set things so i can recieve files. I'm on winXP btw, NTL 600K BB.

Thanks

Elrond

Lozzy 18:32 30 Jan 03

You should be able to receive regardless of your connection type.. Do you have a firewall? if yes then disable it or configure it to allow file transfers

cdb 19:00 30 Jan 03

check your xp firewall, that causes alot of problems like this. Turn it off. It's under advanced in your connection properties.

« Ravin » 19:02 30 Jan 03

go to control panel and click on network connections . right click your internet connection and click on properties and go to the "advanced" tab where ther's an option to disale the xp firewall...under that there's a button labeled "settings" click on that. now you should be looking at the services tab. click on "add"
under description, fill it up with what ever you want .. i used msn messenger.

under name fill in your computer name ( right click my computer > properties> computer name tab)

this is the important part..fill in both the internal and external port number with "6891"

click ok and make sure that the msn messenger is checked in the services tab.

Elrond 19:40 30 Jan 03

I'm using Zone Alarm as my firewall. Anything i can do from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced