Windows messenger problem

Meshuga 02:46 09 Jan 05

When using Windows Messenger my daughter has always been shown on the login as "Her name @fsnet .co. uk". This has suddenly changed and now shows as just one word, "Elaine". In addition to that it shows as " Blocked" and I have to right click on it and click on " Unblock". How can I ensure that it remains Unblocked and why should the name change as it has done. Meshuga.

User-312386 04:08 09 Jan 05

she has changed the name at her end

Next, open messenger, now click on tools>options>privacy Click on her name in the block list and click on Allow

Meshuga 07:25 09 Jan 05

Many thanks madboy33. Meshuga.

Meshuga 08:14 09 Jan 05

Hi madboy33, Have done as you suggested but although it now shows in my "Allow" box and I have signed in again as it tells you to but it still comes up as "Blocked". Any furter ideas please.

User-312386 09:33 09 Jan 05

Use MSN messenger click here

its a lot better

Meshuga 11:48 09 Jan 05

Surely that would mean that my other contacts would have to change to MSN.

ACOLYTE 11:53 09 Jan 05

Msn messenger can be used with windows messenger but the funtions will be limited,with those using windows messenger as not all options are available.Just a thought but do you show as blocked on your daughters MSN?

Meshuga 12:01 09 Jan 05

Hi ACOLYTE, don`t know if I show as blocked on my daughters pc, will have to ask her.

Meshuga 14:56 09 Jan 05

Hi ACOLYTE, have rung my daughter (she lives in Spain) and she says that I show as Online,not blocked. She is contacting the engineer who changed things last week so I`ll wait and see what he comes up with. Many thanks to you and all who responded. Meshuga.

Meshuga 18:23 10 Jan 05

This is to inform those good people who tried to help that the problem was finally resolved by changing back to the original contact name and all is now well. Can`t say why but obviously it didn`t like my daughters name. Thanks to all. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…