Windows Messenger & MS Messenger running together

ch0pper 22:36 23 May 04

Last night, I carefully set up Windows Messenegr to run using my hotmail account as it's 'base'. and I had MS Messenger running with my normal e-mail ddress as it's 'base'.

Both were working fine.

However, when I flashed up the Pc this evenign, and loaded MS Messenger, I saw that the Windows Messenger details had been applied. When I ran Widnows Messenger, it too ran the same list and details.

It seems that I've lost my contact list and correct logon for MS Messenger.

Does anyone know how I might get this back? Do I have to find and delete the .Net passport thingy?

VoG II 22:38 23 May 04

Do you need both of them?

ch0pper 23:00 23 May 04

Yes.

I want to run one for my 'private' contacts - thru hotmail, and the other with my more 'formal' work-related contacts.

I have d/l the MS Knowledge Base article 330117 and have managed to load both things seperately, but if I try to load MS Messenger when online, it simply goes right to the hotmail-based account.

If I start Windows Messanger and MS Messenger offline, and then go online it seem to be OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…