windows messenger loading automatically in outlook

Kingfisher 19:52 11 Jul 05

Can anyone help me please, If I connect to the internet via windows outlook email program, two things happen, firstly windows messenger auotmatically loads which I do not use, how can I prevent this or better still remove it, I camnnot find it in add/remove programs.
Secondly again if I connect to the internet via outlock , I find myself being disconnected from the internet after a few minutes.
If I connect to the internet via internet explore then none of the problems occur.
os is win xp home service pack 2 512ram 2by 80gig hard drives

Jackcoms 20:21 11 Jul 05

In Outlook go to Tools; Options; Other. Untick the box which says "Enable Instant Messaging in MS Outlook". Click Apply.

Jackcoms 20:24 11 Jul 05

Also, in Windows Messenger go to Tools; Option; Preferences and untick the box which says "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts".

wotbus@ 21:55 11 Jul 05

If you don't use it why no lose it? It just takes up space/resource.
click here
;-)

Jackcoms 20:21 12 Jul 05

Are you going to let us into the secret?

Has your problem been solved or not?

Kingfisher 22:22 12 Jul 05

Hi Jackcoms and wotbus@ sorry for the delay only just got back to my p.c. yes the problem with windows messenger was cured by the disable program from wotbus@, thankyou both for your help.But I still have the problem that if I connect to the internet via outlook it connects ok then does a send and receive o.k and then promptly disconnects.
But if I connect via internet explorer and then access my email via the envelope it stays connected any ideas.
Thanks again

FRANKMAC 02:35 13 Jul 05

When the Send / Recieve progress window is open, there is a box close to the top, it should say something like "automatically disconnect after send / recieve" .... uncheck this box and your internet connection will be maintained.

HTH
mac

Kingfisher 08:45 13 Jul 05

Hi cannot find this box anywhere looked through all email ans dial settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…