Windows Messenger - Free phone calls

Slinger 08:48 23 Jan 03
  Slinger 08:48 23 Jan 03

Is it true that you can receive phone calls, and make free phone calls with Windows Messenger, via the PC (as long as it it switched on).
If so, what if any, are the restrictions/problems with this. it all seems too good to be true:-) and things like that usually are!
I am thinking of using broadband with BT, would this be an advantage.

obbit 15:22 23 Jan 03

Hi Slinger............the person you call may have to pay for the call you make on your pc. i have msn messenger and text facility on. if my contacts send a text to me from thier pc i pay £1 for 8 texts. B/band is very good depends what you wish to do with your pc. if you need internet access all the time then ok but if you only check emails now and then, it may not be worth it. if you live in area with cable such as NTL or Blueyonder then look at them they are alittle bit faster. also with a BT line click here and there are others.

best wishes

Peter E 15:42 23 Jan 03

Have a look at this link click here

harristweed 15:49 23 Jan 03

Call using ADSL connection are available, at very low rates, to normal telephones. Both land line and mobiles, using this company. Free between P.C.'s with this system. click here I use it all the time and would recommend them.

Slinger 16:51 23 Jan 03

Thanks for the quick responses. but I am a bit(?) confused.
In "The Limited Edition, Step by Step, MS Windows xp" published by M/S. it says..
"If you have speakers and a microphone installed, you can place phone calls from your computer to another computer, to a telephone, or to a mobile device without paying lond distance charges"
I just wondered if anyone has done this? but perhaps it is not as easy as it sounds?
Thanks for the imput anyway.

Pilch.... 18:57 23 Jan 03

you can talk via PC to PC via msn, not sure about PC to phone.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 09:24 24 Jan 03

i can never get it to find my provider i have a wap phone and i am supposed to be able to send/recieve emails but when i try it doesnt get there and if i text my phone it comes as MSN email
not text wierd lol.

Slinger 19:15 20 Feb 03

Thanks everyone, sorry about the long delay in respnding :-((

I think I will leave things as they are :-(((
but leave this as unresolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…