Windows Messenger does not need password

Grambo 08:10 12 Dec 08

When i open up MSN to check my hotmail account, i have to enter my Windows Live ID and password. Thats fine, just what i want. But for some reason when i click on the Windows Messenger icon, it launches straight away with no prompt for password. I have gone into Tools>Options>Privacy and ticked the ‘Always ask for my password...........’ box, but this has no effect. How can I retrieve the password prompt for Windows Messenger. Thanks

jolorna 09:31 12 Dec 08

i think it uses your msn pasport for the details, mine is the same, it doesn't answer your question

jolorna 09:41 12 Dec 08

i just had a look then if you untick your remeber password before you log in it will then ask you for it, i just did it myself then had to find my password to get back in

Grambo 10:13 12 Dec 08

Its only the messenger side of things im having trouble with. MSN asks for password, but it the icon for messenger in the Start>progs that launches messenger without password that worries me

jolorna 10:45 12 Dec 08

have you unticked the sign me in automaticlly to get back to the loging box you will need to log out of msn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009