Windows Messenger can't connect but I am on BroadB

I cannot connect to Windows Messenger & get an error message saying...
"... the service cannot be found make sure that you are connected to the Internet",

However I am connected and on Broadband. I tried to get a new net. passport but got a message saying,"... the Wizard could not connect to the Internet, or the webservice returned a page which is not valid"
I'm guessing it is a settings prob. but don't know how to solve it!
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

pro747 14:34 10 Feb 05

I think you'll find that Messenger is down at the moment & has been having real problems since last night (09/02/05)

click here

ACOLYTE 14:37 10 Feb 05

I have just signed in to MSN7 ok.

JIM 15:37 10 Feb 05

As has be said by others.MSN in certain areas still having problems,but if in doubt you could try a repair via add/remove programs for messenger.

I would wait a bit to see what may happen.

Also reboot your system now and again in the meantime to kick start MSN from normal startup, incase there have been problems in your area.?

Thanks I thought it was just me! (put on SP 2 yesterday!) I think it must be the prob. described as otherwise I could prob. at least access the web page!

Meshuga 16:16 10 Feb 05

Hi Debe, Windows messenger has been having problems but appears to be ok at the moment. Suggest you do not alter anything yet but wait and see.

JIM 16:29 10 Feb 05

my turn now, i have no connection :(

Noelg23 16:35 10 Feb 05

I was having problems trying to connect to MSN the other night...and its now working so maybe they are doing some technical update...they should at least email us about it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…