Windows Messenger 8

J B 15:22 29 Jun 06

Has anybody downloaded Windows Messenger 8 yet, and if so how do you like it. I've been thinking about downloading it, so was just wondering how people felt about it. At the moment I have windows messenger unchecked so that it does not load on startup, however I have no start icon. Does this mean that I have to go into MSN to get into messenger once I decide to download it or how do I go about it. Any hints would be appreciated. J.B.

ACOLYTE 15:27 29 Jun 06

I have downloaded it,but not installed it,some people have had a few problems with MSN 8,mostly with voice and audio,i have MSN7.5 at the minute and i am happy with that it is working ok so i will stick with it a while longer.If you do decide to upgrade and you find you wont to go back to 7 make sure you have a copy of it because the MSN site only shows MSN8 as a dload now,unless you find it from another site.

?.nl 15:27 29 Jun 06

I have had the new messenger 8 but went back to 7.5 because I just prefer the layout etc etc.

If you are using MSG PLUS then it will not currently work with the new messenger 8.

You can download it from here click here

When installed you should have a start icon on your programs list.

mattyc_92 15:33 29 Jun 06

I have been using it for a few months now (using it during BETA testing) and I haven't found any bugs that I can remember...

VoG II 15:43 29 Jun 06

I installed it yesterday and could not find any problems with it. I don't use messaging programs much but my daughter does and she hasn't complained yet!

J B 17:25 29 Jun 06

I just downloaded Messenger,however i still have the earlier one installed that came with XP. It doesn't show up on add and remove programs but it does show up on add and remove windows components. Version 8 shows up on the add and remove programs though. I have the earlier version unchecked. Is this the right way of doing things or should the newer version over-write the old version? J.B.

VoG II 18:32 29 Jun 06

Disable click here or remove click here the old Windows Messenger.

J B 22:48 29 Jun 06

Hmmmm This program is somewhat of a memory hog, and I don't like the UI, so am going to uninstall it and take a look at the older version 7.5. Thanks for all the help. J.B.

Input Overload 08:30 30 Jun 06

I think it's great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…