Windows Messenger 5 and Acrobat Reader

Big Boris 20:25 11 Oct 03

I use XP pro, sp 1, and most available updates.

For the last three days whenever I have tried to view a file with Acrobat Reader '6', Windows Installer has opened and DEMANDED to install Windows Messenger '5'.

When this happens all open applications freeze, amd I have to press the reset button to continue.

Even after reboot Windows installer tries to install Windows Messenger '5'.

I don't want Messenger 5, I use MSN Messenger 6, and all attempts to uninstall Messenger 5 cause apps like IE and OE to go on a go slow.

No new programs have been installed, and this has only seemed to happen since Mr G*t*s company decided to update Messenger 4.6 or whatever to version 5.

Is there any way I can shoot Windows messenger without upsetting IE and OE, and stop getting these annoying pop-ups TELLING me I MUST upgrade a program I don't want or even use?

I stopped the 'other' Messenger pop-ups from XP by going through Control panel,admin,services etc.

Please help before I pull the rest of my hair out.

Boris

hugh-265156 01:28 12 Oct 03

dont have a clue why acrobat wants windows messenger installed sorry.are you sure its not asking for click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…