Windows Messenger

123joey123 09:37 16 Sep 09

Using Vista
I cannot get my Windows Messenger to open.
I am unable to open any attchments to my e-mails or view items I have scanned over to the PC
Any suggestions would be helpful

birdface 09:58 16 Sep 09

Have you got the latest update for it.I did read somewhere if you do not have the latest update that you will no longer be able to get e-mail messages.But I suppose that would not stop messenger from opening.Can you do a repair of messenger in Add remove.
Or maybe remove it and download it again.

123joey123 10:16 16 Sep 09

Not quite sure where you would download it from.Would it be Microsoft?

birdface 10:28 16 Sep 09

As far as I can make out,This is the latest version.

click here

kdt 10:31 16 Sep 09

latest version windows messenger is 5.1 & windows LIVE messenger is 14.0.8064 0206 which can be downloaded from MS site.

birdface 10:33 16 Sep 09

That is the version that I use.Check what one you are using. Help.About Messenger will tell you what you have.
If you are using the same version just now.maybe better waiting for further information on how to repair it.

kdt 10:34 16 Sep 09

buteman's version 9 has been withdrawn due to beta stage.

birdface 10:40 16 Sep 09

Oops.Forgot about the two versions.Windows messenger 5.1 is not needed and is a bit of a nuisance if it is Windows Live messenger that you use.
Thanks kdt for the reminder.

birdface 10:44 16 Sep 09

Oops again.I use it and it says nothing about it being a beta or I would not have downloaded it.
I downloaded it from Microsoft so will have to have a look and see what the problem is.
Thanks once again for the information.

birdface 10:51 16 Sep 09

Looking on the Microsoft site it gives you this one as the latest.

click here

birdface 10:54 16 Sep 09

Getting a little confusing just now.maybe better waiting until you get the latest confirmation from others.Sorry about mix ups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…