Windows Messenger

sdf 21:42 21 Mar 05

Please.. someone.. how do you get rid of this thing??!! - the epic battle between this and msn messenger makes the service somewhat unusable as each wrangles for control over my hotmail sign in! As each one decides it wants control it signs me out of the other cancelling all conversations and transfers that might be going on at the time. Many thanks

sinbad1 21:51 21 Mar 05

open messenger choose tools, options, general and uncheck allow automatic sign in ehen connected to internet

Compassion 21:58 21 Mar 05

If you want to uninstall/remove it entirely, go to Start> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs. In the window that appears, click Add/Remove Windows Components on the left hand side, untick Windows Messenger, then click next, finish/okay.

Hope this helps,

C

sdf 00:05 22 Mar 05

I like automatically signing in using MSN as Im terrible at remembering my password, so that cancels the auto sign in thing as whatever options I choose for on seem to perpetuate to the other. I have tried uninstalling it repeatedly - it seems to say its all done - but then reappears! I kid you not

Strawballs 00:11 22 Mar 05

Have you tried Compassion's route that should work perminently, it did for me!!

VoG II 00:17 22 Mar 05

Start, Run, type or paste in

Start/Run/RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

and click OK.

sdf 09:24 22 Mar 05

many thanks VoG - that got the critter! thanks to everyone else too. now I can only sit here and pray it does not re-spawn as it has done so many times before!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…