windows messenger

Blacki 12:34 20 Jan 05

I am running win xp. Just had to formatt the hard drive and start afresh. Windows messenger icon is in the system tray box on the left hand side of the screen. How can i turn this off. I don't use it.

Chezdez 12:41 20 Jan 05

go start > run and type 'msconfig'

then go to the start up tab, and find the messanger servcies line, uncheck the box next to it. click apply, and exit msconfig, and restart. when your comp has restarted, make sure you tick the box on the pop up that appears concerning msconfig, and your away!

Go to click here and that has security features for windows messenger which will stop it

Completealias 12:45 20 Jan 05

If you have sp2 on open ie6 then tools add on manager and disable windows messenger from the browser. The add/ remove programs windows setup and remove windows messenger completely

ACOLYTE 12:46 20 Jan 05

Open msn click tools option preferences and untick the start with windows box.

Chezdez 12:52 20 Jan 05

that 'shoot the messanger' is for use on the windows messanger service, which is no way related to windows messanger or MSN messanger

the windows messanger service is basically a fancy netsend (the command prompt command), used to send messages across networks

i'm pretty certain that blacki is refering to MSN messanger, which is automatically run at startup of a system unless it disabled by one of the many ways mentioned above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…