Windows messenger

NarcosisBoy 16:45 15 May 04

Hi folks anyone know how i can get rid of the windows messenger in favour of msn messenger - i have downloaded the msn messenger6.2 but the windows one seems to interfer with it and am always getting pop ups to tell me that i have signed out of .Net and signed into another location of have signed in to .Net etc - i cant seem to find windows messenger in the add/remove files section so cant get rid of it - any ideas?
Cheers folks

Satmansq 16:50 15 May 04

I found thi solution in a previous thread and it works, however i found that i required windows messenger to use certain windows functions so back to square 1.

Click Start, Run and type in

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

and click OK.
This will remove Messenger from XP

VoG II 16:50 15 May 04

click here click on Win XP Utilities then on Disable/Remove Windows Messenger

QuickHare 16:52 15 May 04

I had a problem with this and went to Microsoft's support and spoke to an engineer.

He told me to go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and select Windows Setup from the left hand side. When it has finished loading, find and uncheck Windows Messenger from the list and click ok. You may need to restart your computer.

On restarting (or after that step), go to My Computer, C:, Program Files, and somewhere in there (or in a sub-folder), is a folder for Windows Messenger.

I forgot what it's called, so help would be good!

Delete it. You must close any Outlook/Outlook Express and other programs that use it before you delete the folder.

Restart the computer, and all is well. If you need to reinstall it later on, go to the Microsoft website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…