Windows messages

highside 17:06 PM 14 Jul 11

Just found yet another useless Windows message, means nothing to me and its options dont help at all?

"The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close the window Yes or No?"

This is preventing me from tracking a parcel via Parcel Forces web site, wether I say Yes or No the site will not open any further than the initial logo.

I have disabled popups for the session to no avail. Have used this service many times before, I wonder if a recent Win update has added something new? Win7 64bit IE 9 Win Live mail

Thanks for looking.

rdave13 18:12 PM 14 Jul 11

Try this, click on the action centre icon in notification area and open it. Click on Troubleshooting and on the left select view all. Select Internet Connections then click on the next tab. Select Help me connect to a specific web page then paste the address on the highlighted "http://"

highside 08:44 AM 21 Jul 11

Thanks for reply I eventually got around this by opening the required site seperately instaed of via the link in their email, was then able to enter tracking number OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued