Windows mediaplayer 9

madsplash 11:55 04 Dec 03

One of the cd's that I've got won't play on my media player (Copy protected Dido CD) although the same cd will play on my desktop withg thge same program! All my mates can play the CD with media player except me! It doesn't recognise any disc on the drive.

Anyone has any idea what might be wrong?

Gongoozler 12:12 04 Dec 03

Hi madsplash, it looks like your MediaPlayer may have been updated:-

"From the EULA agreement for MediaPlayer 7.1:

Digital Rights Management (Security). You agree that in order to protect the integrity of content and software protected by digital rights management ("Secure Content"), Microsoft may provide security related updates to the OS Components that will be automatically downloaded onto your computer. These security related updates may disable your ability to copy and/or play Secure Content and use other software on your computer. If we provide such a security update, we will use reasonable efforts to post notices on a web site explaining the update."

toxin 12:12 04 Dec 03

Sounds like your CDrom drive is faulty

Stuartli 12:48 04 Dec 03

Have you tried it with another CD player program?

If you have Irfanview, for instance, you can try the CD player contained in its multimedia section.

If you can't get it to play at all in any PC CD player you should take it back to where you bought it and ask for a non-copyright version.

It's happened before and the music companies have had to replace copyright CDs with versions that will play on a computer system.

Stuartli 12:50 04 Dec 03

These may help:

click here=

Stuartli 12:51 04 Dec 03

The link does work - right click on it and select Open in New Window...:-)

madsplash 15:12 04 Dec 03

well thanks for all the feed back. I have other players installed (music match, nero) and it happens the same! This bizarre bahaviour doesn't happen with any other CDs. I have even consider do a total recovery.

madsplash 15:30 04 Dec 03

This particular CD has software included and it will ask the user that if you want to play the cd one has to install the refered software, but I have tried on my PC and I'm able to play it without the installation of the software.

How can I uninstall the Windows Mediaplayer and possibly have it installed again?

Gongoozler 16:05 04 Dec 03

If you have Windows XP, you can only uninstall MediaPlayer 9 bu using System Restore click here

Stuartli 17:33 04 Dec 03

What player does Nero supply?

Gaz 25 18:09 04 Dec 03

Thats why there is NO windows media player on my system, so I can listen to CDS!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…