Windows Media wont play Laptop to LCD TV

AdvisorAl 14:32 12 Aug 07

Hi any help appreciated.My problem is Windows Media Player v9 & v11 will not display AVI clips on my Hitachi 32 LCD TV.
My Laptop Toshiba Satallite Pro when connected to my Hitachi 32 LCD TV via VGA cable works perfectly on the net or desktop it even displays Windows Media Player and shows the AVI clip to be running but it doesn't display any images within the Media Player on the LCD TV but does so on the Laptop Screen.
My Desktop Settings are as Follows.
Display.. (multiple Monitors) on NVIDIA4 GeFORCE 420 GO (Toshiba)

Screen Resolution 1024 by 768 pixels

Colour quality Medium 16Bit

ticked Use this device as the primary monitor
ticked Extend my windows desktop on this monitor

DPI Settings Normal Size (96PDI)

As mention earlier everything else seems to operate correctly on the LCD TV SCREEN have tried Windows Media Players 9 & 11 and have same problem.
Any advice appreciated Alan

Technotiger 14:56 12 Aug 07

Hi, although I can't explain exactly, I believe this is due to the differences in display characteristics of the PC/laptop screens and the TV screen. Something to do with the number of lines? The AVI clips are I think, not compatible with the TV screen, although the normal desktop will show on the TV screen. I hope that makes sense!

Someone else will probably be able to explain in more technical terms.

AdvisorAl 21:19 12 Aug 07

I have since loaded Infraview player and run AVI clips on my LCD TV and this has no problem in playing AVI clips using the same settings as tried with windows media player so I guess it is vWindows media play which is the problem.
any one having had the same problem with windows media player and have solved the problem please `advise... Alan

woodchip 21:32 12 Aug 07

you need to drag media player onto tv screen

skidzy 21:33 12 Aug 07

Try VLC click here plays almost anything.

AdvisorAl 10:34 15 Aug 07

Hi skidzy gave VLC a try still would not play AVI files on LCD TV.

woodchip sugested draging windows media player on to the TV screen not to sure what was meant by this sugestion as the Windows Mediaplayer does apear on the LCD TV screen but does not dispisplay the any images although the sound track can be heared.
Still at a loss as to what to try next.
......Alan

Alza 19:51 28 Aug 07

Alan,
I had an identical problem with my (oldish) Sony Vaio laptop and my Sharp LCD TV. After updating the graphics card driver (from the Sony site) my problems were solved. I'd suggest you check the Toshiba site for a driver update. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…