Windows media sharing error 1068

DashinAssassin 01:23 29 Oct 09

Yea so i want to share media with my xbox 360 but when i try to activate sharing on WMP 11 it dosnt work so ive been checking the services under administrative tools and i try to turn on windows media player network sharing service but i get error 1068 the dependency group failed message

this is probably on here already ive looked at some but that dont fit the same problems as mine.

howard64 06:29 29 Oct 09

could it be that the system does not have a common workgroup?

DashinAssassin 10:15 29 Oct 09

im not sure what a common workgroup is, but if thats a possibility how do i go around fixing it or checking if thats so?

howard64 12:37 29 Oct 09

not a clue regarding xbox but windows networking requires that all connected equipment has to be on the same workgroup. If you right click my computer and then properties - computer name - you will see the workgroup of your pc. Mine is mshome the default is workgroup. If you can get into the settup of the xbox perhaps there is a workgroup setting you can enter.

DashinAssassin 18:43 29 Oct 09

wait, no thats not the problem here the problem isnt that i cant connect to the xbox 360 the problem is i cant activate windows media player 11's media sharing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now