Windows Media Problems

kentylad 20:08 28 Sep 03

I have been trying to access material from the Sky Sports Active website, which requires Windows Media player in order to view the content. However, when trying to play the content it comes up with an error saying ;

Your Media Player does not appear to be correctly configured to allow us to uniquely identify it.
This will prevent you from viewing subscription content succssfuly
Please correct this by following the instructions below

Open Windows Media Player
Access the Tools/Options menu (or View/Options menu in Media Player 6.4)
Click the Player tab
Within the 'Internet options' group (or 'Other' group in Media Player 6.4) ensure that 'Allow internet sites to uniquely identify your player' is set, if not set it.
Exit and Log back into VideoLounge again"

I have Windows Media Player series 9, and have tried to alter a similar setting under Tools>Options>Privacy>Send unique player id to content provider. I have also tried to lower the cookie settings to low but i still get the same problem.

Any Ideas??

wicked willy 20:27 28 Sep 03

Hi There, I am not too sure but I think that if you want to use the Sky Channel it is under subscription meaning thatn you have yo pay to View Bill

kentylad 20:33 28 Sep 03

sorry i forgot to mention. I have already subscribed and paid

wicked willy 20:35 28 Sep 03

Sorry I can`t help you any more inrespect of the above mentioned thread Bill

kentylad 08:44 30 Sep 03

any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…