windows media player/nero uninstalled/icon changed

moby58 23:39 21 Jan 03
  moby58 23:39 21 Jan 03

new laptop/xp home edition.usually used windows media player,which was fine.installed nero 5 ..which installed nero player.i prefered windows player so i uninstalled neros player[i seems to have gone.instructions followed,uninstalled on screen,no longer in programs]now all the icons on my downloaded music files have changed,and wont play,like they did,by double i have to go into windows player,open the music file,then it plays!!how do i get back to normal,and change the icons to "windows" pre nero????HELP!!!thanks

jediknight007 00:14 22 Jan 03

Easy, just go to the files in it's folder and right click and select Open With... and choose your program. Make sure you tick the box to make it always open up with the selected program. I hope that this helps unless of course I misread the question!

moby58 10:56 22 Jan 03

still cant get "WINDOWS" icons back to the files...its one ive never seen..poss nero...can play on windows..but id like the icons back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…