windows media player10 will not burn cds

sallyannsue 22:32 20 Aug 05

every time i try to burn a cd a message appears saying "no device found" and at top of page "press F5 to resume".media 10 will accept cds from drives E & D but wont burn to drive D which is my cd/dvd writer.both drives are working ok as I can burn from drive E to D and am able to burn cds on pinnacle perfectly alright.

Completealias 22:39 20 Aug 05

Check to see if windows cd burning is enable on the drive as windows media player uses this to burn the cds. Right click on your cd writer and choose properties then click on the recording tab if there isn't a tick in enable cd recording on this drive put one in and apply and then try again.

Stuartli 23:54 20 Aug 05

Check WMP10's Tools>Plug-ins - mine has the Nero Fast CD Burning plug-in listed, although I prefer to use Nero itself.

sallyannsue 21:40 24 Aug 05

I have checked both suggestions to no avail.media player still shows no device found.any more suggestions would be appreciated

Stuartli 23:37 24 Aug 05

Go to WMP10's Tools>Devices>highlight your rewriter drive>click on Properties.

You'll have three tabs available: Audio, Recording and Quality.

Enable Digital for Playback and Rip on the first tab, Enable CD Recording on this Device in the second tab and Select Quality Level Automatically and Apply Volume Levelling on the third tab.

Click Apply and OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…