Windows Media Player & XP Pro

Hels 09:46 05 Aug 03

I have been using Windows Media Player for some time on my PC with XP Pro OS.
I haven't experienced any problems until now! I always copy my CD's onto my PC (can then have my CD's in my car). For some reason I cannot copy all the tracks on the two latest albums. An error message say's that the track is 'flawed' and cannot be copied by WMP. It states that by 'turning on' error correction this may correct the problem. I've tried that and still no joy! What happens now is that the WMP comes up with an error message and closes it's self down.
I put the CD back in and try again and now I'm getting this error message....

Unable to open file "F:\ECD.dxr" because it is already open with write permission by another user.

I'm at a bit of a loss to know what to do...anyone with any ideas?

Taff36 13:06 05 Aug 03

I used to get a problem when having burned a CD - in XP Pro WMP9 a process that involves sending the disc to the CD ROM drive and then telling it to burn it to disc - afterwards it would not let me delete the file ready to be burned from the D drive window. It was unable to because it was in use. Sound Familiar??

Solution in my case was to cold boot the computer return to the D drive from explorer and continue as if nothing had happened. It then allowed me to do what I wanted.

I suspect however that your problem may be linked to a copy protected disk. I know that some record companies are now coding disks so they cannot be played on computers. e.g. Rod Stewarts latest offering.

Hels 13:20 05 Aug 03

Thanks Taff36 will check it out...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…