Windows Media Player won't play DVD's

FengShui 11:21 18 Jul 07

When I try to play DVD's I get the following error message.

"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

I tried this and still got the same error message.

I'm using Windows XP (SP2) & Windows Media Player 11.

Can anyone help?

download the codec pack from
click here
or a better media player is vlc
click here

FengShui 12:40 18 Jul 07

I already have that codec pack and I'd really rather use WMP, but I will try that media player.

try uninstalling both wmp11 and your codec pack,then a reinstall of both in case either have become corrpted

FengShui 15:32 18 Jul 07

I tried that and it still gave the same error message. I also tried it on WMP 9 which is what it rolled back to and it also gave that error message.

fyi a couple of things to try.
click here

also tools>options are the file types ticked for dvd

FengShui 16:57 18 Jul 07

I had been instaling K-Lite basic and I didn't realize the DVD codec wasn't in that. I got it working now though, thanks very much for your help.

thanks for feedback,its worth having the vlc player as an alternative,it just about plays anything.
You can also get skins for it if you so wish
click here

romel304 08:48 06 Dec 08

Thanks *Raven*. I searched a lot in the web and finally got the solution required from you.
BR//
romel

peter99co 11:34 06 Dec 08

I use Media Monkey as a Music player and it good for use as a Jukebox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…