Windows media player won't play dvd no decoders installed

sugarbabe 20:29 PM 04 Nov 11

Have a problem with windows media player 11 it installed correctly but when i try to play dvd's get error message can't play no decoders installed, is there somewhere i can download for free??

rdave13 20:42 PM 04 Nov 11

Try the k-light codec pack and just install in default settings, FileHippo

canarieslover 20:43 PM 04 Nov 11

Try here for K-Lite codec pack. Codec pack Free

northumbria61 20:44 PM 04 Nov 11

K-Lite Codecs here enter link description here

sugarbabe 21:15 PM 04 Nov 11

I tried the K lite program on filehippo when i ran install said i needed to install DirectX and directed me to download from Microsoft that which i did , then tried again to install K lite said i needed Directx so I re started but it keeps doing it. So won't install K Lite

sugarbabe 21:17 PM 04 Nov 11

Sorry mean't can't install K lite

rdave13 21:49 PM 04 Nov 11

What OS are you running?

How to check DirectX version

Latest for version 9, Link but you might need version 10 or more depending on your system.

eedcam 22:17 PM 04 Nov 11

Just get VLC player free and better no need to get codecs VLC PLAYER

rdave13 22:46 PM 04 Nov 11

eedcam that depends. Installed latest DivX player and comes with codecs and another bunch of features. Then WMP refused to play a type of AVI from my camera. Puzzled for a while then uninstalled the DivX codecs package and then WMP played the AVI files OK. Have informed DivX of problem and await an answer. Media Player Classic would also not play these files until I deleted the DivX codecs.

sugarbabe 10:55 AM 06 Nov 11

Running xp.i've tried VLC and win dx neither would work

rdave13 11:13 AM 06 Nov 11

Run dxdiag and let it load. Click on the help tab to run the diagnostic tool. See if there are any problems showing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X