Windows Media Player Won't Maximise

The one and only Mr A 18:17 30 Jan 06

In the past couple of days I've been having a problem with Windows Media Player. It works fine in minimised mode- I can select playlists or albums from the quick access panel, but the program will not display in the maximised display. Therefore I can't watch videos or do any of the more advanced stuff. I've already tried a solution mentioned in an earlier thread- to go to c:\program files\windows media player and use setup to install a new version over the top of the old, but this just results in a message saying that the most recent version and all components are already installed. Is there any way to fix this except full uninstall and start again?

The one and only Mr A 20:23 30 Jan 06

Bump!!!!!

Totally-braindead 20:42 30 Jan 06

Have you tried going to the edge of the windows media player window till it changes to a double arrow and dragging it full screen?

The one and only Mr A 16:11 31 Jan 06

Can't do that- the problem is that Media Player won't do anything except stay in minimised mode. When I try to maximise (or restore) it it doesn't do anything except sit at the bottom of the screen like a normal minimised program and fails to display in its normal way. I'd say I'll just remove it and reinstall it.

The one and only Mr A 02:41 01 Feb 06

Ok, now I'm starting to get annoyed- I removed Media Player from my system, then downloaded and installed it again. And exactly the same problem continues.

The one and only Mr A 03:00 01 Feb 06

Got the answer from this link click here

Simple when you know how I guess. I'd already thought the player might just not be on the screen but didn't know how to bring it back. Silly me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…