Windows Media Player wont burn to my DVD-R/W drive

Eddy 16:23 10 Feb 05

When trying to burn to my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D
Drive using Windows Media Player I get the message
'No CD or DVD burner has been detected'
I have no problem with any other software programmes writing to the disk and the WMP has no problem in Ripping from the Disk.
Any ideas?

Noelg23 16:32 10 Feb 05

check the settings? I havent tried this yet as I dont think WMP can burn to DVDs...but check settings...I will do a check meself and let u know...

Taff36 16:40 10 Feb 05

I don`t think so either try this link click here Suggest you use Nero 6 or Roxio CD Creator. (What came with the DVD burner? That would be a good place to start)

Eddy 18:22 11 Feb 05

Thanks for the info.I wondered if WMP could do it, but no-one has ever said it couldnt. I am using Itunes to burn to the disk but this players'software doesnt burn to MP3 players only to Ipods. I do wish there was a player that could do both, paticularly as the WMA format cannot be used by Itunes and visa-versa.

Terry Brown 20:52 11 Feb 05

I have the same problem,mine is causd by a NERO plugin, which overrides the media player settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…