Windows Media Player (WMP) "not responding"

Werner 12:39 04 May 05

I am running Windows XP SP2.

I have played a DVD using WMP 9, removed the DVD from the PC drive and "closed" WMP by clicking on "X".

I decide to restart WMP to use the radio tuner but clicking on the Desktop and Toolbar icons produces no response; nor does right-clicking on the START>PROGRAMS ("OPEN")pop-up menu. I give up and leave the computer on Standby overnight.

I decide to Turn Off when a message appears indicating that WMP is "not responding" and is therefore stopping Turn Off. Obviously I could use Ctrl+Alt+Del, which may or may not work. But this wopuld not address the problem at its source.

What can I do to stop this behaviour from WMP?

thms 12:46 04 May 05

Not sure about your problem but you can upgrade to WMP 10 click here

Sethhaniel 16:13 04 May 05

if I close it then try and reopen - no joy - if i open another media player - then go back to winamp it normally starts - other times it just seems to be the shortcut that doesn't work and if I open explorer and double click on program it opens. :0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…