Windows Media Player will not recognise CD

Rogerfredo 13:58 10 Oct 09

Has anyone had this problem? I try to rip a "Now 73" compilation CD to add to my library, but Windows Media thinks this is "Now 70" (which is already ripped). Consequently it will not rip the newer CD. This only appears to happen with this CD. The strange thing is that the CD is correctly identified by Itunes, so the CD itself cannot be the problem. Is there a work around for this? I am using the latest version.

Taff™ 09:29 11 Oct 09

Which operating stsytem are you using? (XP or Vista)

If you remove the CD from the drawer. Turn off the computer and then restart it. (A cold boot) Open Windows Explorer and click on the CD ROM does anything show, even though the drawer is empty? You might see a list of the older album`s songs & a header message that says "these files are waiting to be ....." If so look for a link along the lines of "Remove Temporary Files"

Rogerfredo 13:16 11 Oct 09

Thanks Taff but the problem seems to be with Media player. I am running Windows 7 RC, and my granddaughters computer is running Vista. Both computers will not recognise the CD, but both are ok with Itunes.

joslaptop 17:45 08 Nov 09

Did anyone find a solution to this, I have the same problem once added to my pc now 73 is now listed as now 71 for cd1 & now 70 for cd 2 and has the wrong song details and artist all down to windows media player 7

joslaptop 17:55 08 Nov 09

correction wmp 11

djsky123 07:38 26 Nov 09

Ditto.... I had this issue with Now 71 until months later when WMP actually found it.

I can't understand the search strategies used either... I type in NOW 73 and a vast array of stuff with nothing to do with Now's or the number 73 pop up.

It's up to Now 74 already, and still no data for Now 73.

So annoying.

User-1229748 07:42 26 Nov 09

try searching without putting a space for example now73 .worth a try

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos