Windows Media Player v11

onlyme 05:11 05 Dec 06

Hi,

On this new version of WMP,(11) does anyone know where the option to not load at startup is.

I have looked at the menu both in Classic and as it sets up and can't find it.

I have been trying to download the current update for Napster but it will not install unless I turn WMP off!

I use Xsetup and have edited the start up 1 and 2 settings but WMP still loads on startup.

Any ideas?

onlyme

[email protected]

onlyme 05:33 05 Dec 06

Hi,

I have been using Ie7 in the beta2 form for 8 to 9 months with no real hassles other than the odd conflict eg:-popup blockers.

I have recently downloaded the "Published" version,which I assume is in "Vista".

I now have constant error message report requests when closing the primary window.

Closing the "child" or tab is no problem, but when closing the last window the online error report box generates.

It gives me the options of debugging or sending a report or don't send.

When I try to do either of the fist two options,I get a message to tell me that I have to be online to do so!

Obviously I am online to be able to receive the error procedure.

So, What is going on.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

onlyme.

[email protected]

skidzy 07:00 05 Dec 06

Try going into msconfig and remove from startup list.

Start/Run/type MSCONFIG/select startup and untick WMP11

onlyme 17:38 16 Dec 06

Hi,

Resolution to my problem with Ie7 tab closing.

After finally getting to talk with a tech person,which meant Redmond, it would appear that the public release of Ie7 debars "third party" toolbar utilities eg:- Google and Yahoo.

The official line from technical support at Redmond would seem to be " Do not trust anybody elses products "!

This was not in the beta2 release so has obviously been introduced for the benefit of the consumer.[aka-gullible-aka2-stupid]

So much for philanthropy,eh,Bill?

Cant' wait for Vista.{not]

Cheers.

Onlyme.

anskyber 17:45 16 Dec 06

Not sure who you spoke to, incidentally well done for getting to speak to some one but this is from the MS IE7 official add on site. Plenty of tool bars recommended there. click here

onlyme 07:59 17 Dec 06

Hi anskyber,

Thanks for the response.

Just visited the site,several good apps on it.

I think this is my point, Microsoft has to approve.

The techy that I sspoke to at Redmond is a chap called Johnson and he was quite open about the restrictions on "third party" involvement.

I think it is their way of including the equivalent of "DRM" in the browser system.

I feel that it is a case of "Watch this space" and guess what Vista finally arrives next month...

Maybe!

Cheers, onlyme.

onlyme 09:28 17 Dec 06

Hi,

Guess what!

PC Advisor,December 17th 2006

News

"Google releases customised IE7"

Well well well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017