Windows Media Player - Recording

cineramax 00:25 23 Jul 08

Hi

I've downloaded a karaoke file and want to play it on windows media player whilst recording singing over the track.

It works ok, but when i play it back, the music is virtually silent and you can only hear the singing. No matter how much i change the levels when recording i still seem to have the same problem.
Just wondered if anyone knew anything.
Ta very much ;-)

eedcam 07:42 23 Jul 08

Try audacity its free
click here

cineramax 22:57 23 Jul 08

Thanks for that link, that one seems a bit easier to use than media player, especially as i'm a bit of a beginner with these things.

The only thing i'm still struggling with is when i actually try to record on audacity. I can play an audio track that i've imported ok, but then when i want to add some vocals, and press record, i can record singing ok, but i can't hear the audio track i'm singing along to anymore.
I've set the volumes of both but it doesn't seem to make any difference, its as if musics on mute or you can only record a track and not hear whats already there at the same time.

Thanks for any help.

peter99co 22:58 23 Jul 08

Are you connected to line-in or microphone?

cineramax 01:56 24 Jul 08

I just have it set to microphone and have a mic plugged into the back of me pc.

eedcam 07:34 24 Jul 08

I would think you have to record onto a seperate track then mixdown the two tracks have alook in Audacity forum
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…