Windows Media Player & Real Player problems

Doug29 22:23 20 Jan 07

I've just bought a new Novatech laptop and have installed XP Pro. I tried to play a DVD and video files using Windows Media Player but got the message that the file extension is not recognised.

I installed Real Player and got the message that "Real Player needs to download new software to play this clip". I tried to download the software and got the message "There is no software update available from Real to support this content"

I then installed a trial version of WinDVD Media Center and both Media Player & Real Player work OK.

I then installed a trial version of WinDVD Media Center and both Media Player & Real Player work OK.

When I uninstall WinDVD Media Center they stop working again with the same messages again.

Help!!

Thanks

Jake_027 22:47 20 Jan 07

You need something called a codec in order to be able to play DVD's eg. Win DVD, PowerDVD, etc which cost.However, many people on this forum use click here without any problems so you could try it.

Jake

Ho-Lin-Sok 22:51 20 Jan 07

You may need to tell the programs the file extensions to play. For media player go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/FILE TYPES and configure to your needs.There is a REAL player alternative that is a lot smaller, you will need to include the classic player during installation options, again configure it how you want.
click here

Doug29 01:09 21 Jan 07

Thanks for your replies. Just thought it was a bit strange that I can play anything on my PC but not on my laptop. Sorted now so cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…