windows media player problems

vienna1981 22:58 31 Jan 04

hi, my windows media player will not playback audio cds nor record them. I have went through all the settings but cant figure out what's wrong. Originally the guy who installed my writer forgot to plug the cd rom drive into the sound but thats been fixed but has still not rectified the media player problem. The cd player that comes with windows 98se plays audio cds with no problem, but i am more concerned with the recording of tracks from audio cds as i like to burn compilation discs. If nobody has any clues as to what could be wrong could someone recommend a utility that will allow me to record from cd to mp3? (NOT realone player as this interferes with my nero burner). Thanks in advance.

vienna1981 10:49 18 Jul 04

any ideas? i still have this problem...

vienna1981 16:14 26 Aug 04

i tried again today to record via media player, i even changed the default format from mp3 to wma, the funny thing is that while media player is 'recording' the cd it also plays it at the same time, but wont play the cd any other time, also when i try to playback the recorded file it is totally blank. This happens with all cds, does anyone have any suggestions?

Rigga 16:32 26 Aug 04

Try CDEX. click here Excellent program and free.

R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…