windows media player problem

aviendha 19:44 14 Jan 03
  aviendha 19:44 14 Jan 03

Could someone help this newbie please?
Windows Media Player was working perfectly couple of months ago. After some ill-advised tinkering with it, it now refuses to emit any sound when I try to play from My Music(or anywhere else)
I can see the volume slider moving, but no sound comes out. Windows Media Player 7 by the way.
Thanks

« Ravin » 19:49 14 Jan 03

have you pressed the mute button by mistake? try checking the volume settings in the play menu.

cool nick by the way :o)

crx16 19:53 14 Jan 03

try in control panel\sounds and multimedia\audio\volume try unchecking some mute boxes,mainly 'wave/direct sound' and 'play control'.

Stuartli 20:17 14 Jan 03

Right click on the system tray's volume control icon; you should get a panel up with all the configuration for volume, CD Player, mixer, balance etc.

You may have one or more muted.

There's also a mute button on WMP.

crx16 20:42 14 Jan 03

following earlier post, try 'advanced' and uncheck 'digital output only'.

if you have an SB card,you'll find mixer,balance etc in control panel\audioHQ

crx16 15:44 15 Jan 03

recieved an email from aviendha,11.37 am today;

"Thanks for your reply.....all mute boxes are unchecked, but still no joy.
There was a section that referred to analogue and digital modes, but I can't remember where it is. Any suggestions?Thanks"

the window that has the mute boxes(play control) should have an 'advanced' tab,see my last post.

« Ravin » 13:40 16 Jan 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…