windows media player problem!

clj7 21:37 11 Dec 06

When I'm trying to watch videos online using the windows media player (NOT THE ACTUAL SOFTWARE, MEDIA PLAYER ONLINE!) on websites such as msn videos, it won't load the videos properly. The audio works fine but I can't see the video. The only thing I can see is like three color stripes. Its red, blue and purple! What the heck is this? And how can I fix this? PLEASE HELP

skidzy 21:40 11 Dec 06

Try updating your flash player click here

clj7 21:48 11 Dec 06

that didn't work sorry. Thanks for trying though.

Anyway how can I remove my windows media player from my PC. It isn't in the remove programs list, except it does say viewpoint media player. Could it be that?

skidzy 21:53 11 Dec 06

If you want to remove media player,(not sure if it will totally remove though) it will probably roll back to your previous version.

Control panel and on the left hand side select add and remove windows components...it should be in there if not listed in add and remove.

Stuartli 21:54 11 Dec 06

You can't remove WMP, only revert back to a previous version.

Some help at:

click here

skidzy 21:55 11 Dec 06

Before removing anything,try the codec pack.

You may have a broken or missing codec click here

clj7 22:09 11 Dec 06

how can I just change back to windows media player 9 without have to remove windows media player 10 from the add/remove programes?

skidzy 22:13 11 Dec 06

It will prompt you when you try to remove version 10

Why not update to version 11 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…