Windows Media Player not working

SB23 16:43 18 Nov 05

I have some files that now, all of a sudden will no longer play on Windows Media player,It's telling me that it cannot play the file as it is not supported,or that it may not support the codec that was used to compress the file.Until now,everything did play,so why won't it now.Any ideas....?sb23

ACOLYTE 16:54 18 Nov 05

Have you altered any file accosiations recently,or added another media player that has taken controll of the files,or even uninstalled a player that had the codecs you need.
This pack click here
has most codecs you would need,if that fails what you could try as alast resort is cganging the file type of the file from say Mpg to Mpeg.

GaT7 16:57 18 Nov 05

Or, try a reinstall of WMP over itself:

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player, double-click setup_wm & follow the wizard to reinstall.

2. If no joy with above, download a fresh copy from click here, double-click the file & follow the wizard.

Is your version 9 or 10? G

SB23 20:25 18 Nov 05

Have just tried a reinstall,but still does not work.Have not adjusted anything,so I don't understand why it should just stop working.Any other ideas.

GaT7 20:38 18 Nov 05

Have you tried the codec pack? See ACOLYTE's link. G

SB23 21:01 18 Nov 05

The codec pack has done it,all working fine again.Thanks for your help....SB23

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…