Windows Media player not listed in

FatboySlim71 11:09 23 Feb 06

When I put a cd in the drive, I get a little window that comes up showing "what do you want Windows to do" there is various programs that show up in the list, which allows me to play the cd or burn or rip tracks from the inserted cd. I know that on my other PC this window also shows windows media player in the list of programs. I want to know how do I get windows media player to appear in the list of programs that shows up in the little window.

FatboySlim71 21:10 23 Feb 06

When I put a cd in the drive, I get a little window that comes up showing "what do you want Windows to do" there is various programs that show up in the list, which allows me to play the cd or burn or rip tracks from the inserted cd. I know that on my other PC this window also shows windows media player in the list of programs. I want to know how do I get windows media player to appear in the list of programs that shows up in the little window.

VoG II 21:12 23 Feb 06

Windows Media Player should only be an option if the CD contains files of a type associated with Media Player.

FatboySlim71 21:14 23 Feb 06

If I put a music cd in a pc that I used to have it used to show Windows media player in the list of programs that appears in the little window.

FatboySlim71 21:16 23 Feb 06

I was just wondering if there is a way of getting Windows media player to appear in the list of programs, as I prefer it from the other programs that appear in the list to play my cd's.

VoG II 21:16 23 Feb 06

In WMP, Tools|Options, File Types tab check that the file types that you want it to play are ticked.

FatboySlim71 21:20 23 Feb 06

All the file types were ticked, but I still have the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…