Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

atc 22:19 31 Dec 07

cant get this to start. comes up error 1068. trying to steam my music to ps3 using wma11. it think if this starts up i can share my music to ps3.

MAJ 22:50 31 Dec 07

Does this help? click here

atc 17:49 01 Jan 08

to MAJ: went to the link to joy. it is when i go into control panel\admin tools\services\Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. this service is stopped when i try to start so i can share windows media 11 with my ps3 it comes up with error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. also when i go wma11 options\library\config sharing .the share box has no tick and when i put a tick and click ok it but it starts looking for media i think then the ok box is highlighted again i do this again and again the all way is to cancel media sharing box. any ideas to help.

MAJ 18:32 01 Jan 08

Have you checked to see if the dependant services are started? Those services are:

1. HTTP SSL.
2. Universal Plug and Play Device Host.
3. SSDP Discovery Service.

atc 21:00 01 Jan 08

to maj: no 2 Universal Plug and Play Device Host.
comes up with error 1079 when i try to start this service. help

MAJ 21:49 01 Jan 08

If you double-click on the "Universal Plug and Play Device Host" entry in the Services dialog box and click the "Log On" tab: Is the Option "Local System Account" or the "This Account" option, selected?

atc 21:52 01 Jan 08

to MAJ: the log on is set for Local System Account

MAJ 22:08 01 Jan 08

Try changing it to the "This Account" option. If the field is blank, type in:

NT AUTHORITY\LocalService

and leave the password field blank, click Apply and OK to exit. Reboot your PC and try to start the service again. It should look like this: click here

atc 22:48 01 Jan 08

thank you it now working after i started the services. thanks for u r time and help.

MAJ 22:51 01 Jan 08

Happy to help, atc, glad you got it going.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…