Windows Media Player and MP3's

montyburns 12:09 13 Feb 04

I want to copy some CDs onto my hard drive as MP3's. MusicMatch is too slow and I don't want to pay to upgrade it (!)

I'd like to use WMP. I've gone into "options", "copy music" and was hoping to change the "copy settings" from .wma to .mp3, but this option is grayed out...

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Cheers

bremner 12:12 13 Feb 04

In WMP you have to buy a codec.

There are plenty of free mp3 rippers out there.

iTunes from Apple is a very good product. Bidg download though 20MB

montyburns 12:22 13 Feb 04

Thanks for that.

Will give iTunes a go.

Odd thing is I have a few albums already copied from a while back and two of them are in .mp3! Can't work out how that happened, unless older versions of WMP had .mp3-ability for free?!

Thanks again

montyburns 12:23 13 Feb 04

Thanks for that.

Will give iTunes a go.

Odd thing is I have a few albums already copied from a while back and two of them are in .mp3! Can't work out how that happened, unless older versions of WMP had .mp3-ability for free?!

Thanks again

Tog 12:31 13 Feb 04

There is a free codec for WMP. I have it working right now. Can't remember where I got it from but I generally use Google when searching. Required a registry tweak as well, if I recall correctly.

temp003 12:32 13 Feb 04

Try CDex click here small program, no fancy interface but easy to use. Free program, regular updates, no ads.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…