windows media player irritation

Sethhaniel 10:22 07 Jul 06

play my music in skin mode
but as soon as I plug in USB memorystick etc it goes to Full mode and wants to synchronise -
have set all controls in prog for it not to do that but to no avail - is there a reg tweak to stop it???

All iwant is to have background music while I work without it acting like an annoying popup all the time :0

ACOLYTE 12:33 07 Jul 06

Plug the Memory stick in before you open media player?,dont know if it would work but may be worth a try.Another thing is have you tried having media player on the task bar player it should still play,dont know if it show skins in this mode though.

Sethhaniel 12:47 07 Jul 06

'skin mode' but in classic style -
USB sticks in continual use swapping from one to other throughout my sessions - think even in tray mode it would pop up to try and synchronise etc,.

Sethhaniel 11:30 12 Jul 06

^

SANTOS7 11:38 12 Jul 06

to keep it in skin mode i think you have to apply a skin rather than keeping it in classic style....

Sethhaniel 14:31 12 Jul 06

will try that
and let you know ;)

Sethhaniel 09:26 13 Jul 06

no luck -whichever skin is on - as soon as I plug in a memory stick the player opens in full screen wanting to synchronise

Sethhaniel 10:12 21 Aug 06

have reverted back to openning the files in mplayer2 they all play the same -but no irritating extras ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…