Windows Media Player - Internal Application Error

t_o_m 10:41 13 Apr 03

Last night I was using windows media player when I received an update saying to update to windows media player 9 (I am using version 7). I clicked a button to download the files and they all downloaded properly and then installed. Then I was prompted to restart my computer (I am using ME) and all was well until I got messages repeateadly saying - windows cannot upgrade the file %1 - %2. After that it said windows could not upgrade one or more files. Windows may not run properly. Windows is working fine, although whenever I start up media player, I still have the Media Player 7 logo on quick launch and I get a message saying "An Internal Application Error Has Occured". Please help - I listen to a lot of music on media player and I rely on it an awful lot! Thanks

Philip2 13:11 13 Apr 03

Did you download the right version?? as there are two one for ME and one for XP the XP version you can ajust the Media player colour you can't do this on the ME version.

Philip2 13:15 13 Apr 03

Sorry i forgot to say use system restore if the worst comes to the worst you are told to check restore before you download Media 9.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now