windows media player-internal application error

rubyred1 22:03 25 May 05

I recently downloaded a new version of windows media player (not sure now whether it was 9 or 10) and since I did, I get the above message if I try to open it. I've been on the MSN site and done what they suggested on the archive page, but still no good. I've checked under codecs in system information and all looks ok, and tested my video/audio in media player 6.4 and this works ok. Not sure where else to look

Thanks Debbie

AndySD 03:59 26 May 05

Hi

What is your operating system?

rubyred1 12:09 26 May 05

Hi thanks for your reply. Windows xp. I seem to remember using media player and getting the mesaage there is an update available so I installed it and ever since can't open it.

g40 12:50 26 May 05

I have had similar problems after updating WMP from 9 to 10, allthough it is a perfectly good player there are a few good free alternatives out there, i use my Nero suite nowas its less resource hungry and just generally stabler. The "Downloads" section of this site provide some of the best freebies, good luck.

g40 12:51 26 May 05

I have had similar problems after updating WMP from 9 to 10, allthough it is a perfectly good player there are a few good free alternatives out there, i use my Nero suite nowas its less resource hungry and just generally stabler. The "Downloads" section of this site provide some of the best freebies, good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…