windows media player-help!library deleting.....

moby58 23:56 22 May 06

my "library" in windows media player seems to have every track ive ever listened to/downloaded/played etc [although no longer in "my music"....but still in "library"]is there any way i can clean the library up so that all these deleted tracks are no longer listed,without doing it track by track?...in one fell swoop??and in the future,how do i keep the library current..so that its always just whats in my music files?im about to get an mp3 player and wanted to keep the library up to date.ive never looked at w m player library up until now.thanks!

moby58 10:34 23 May 06

any ideas anyone?thanks

Taff™ 10:41 23 May 06

To stop files being added automatically open WMP and go to Tools>Options and on the Player tab deselect the "Add music files to the library when played".

Make sure that the box "Delete files from computer when deleted from library" is NOT ticked. You can delete several links at once. To select adjacent items, press and hold the SHIFT key while selecting. To select nonadjacent items, press and hold the CTRL key while selecting. Right-click the selected links, and then click Delete.

moby58 09:51 25 May 06

thanks!library now neat and tidy.many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…