Windows Media Player - downloading mpeg files

TimCDC 12:22 19 Jun 03

I've been downloading some mpeg files to illustrate some PowerPoint presentations. I've previously been selecting to save to a particular folder that I set aside for downloads. But recently, the dialogue box no longer asks me which folder to save them into, but simply downloads to a temporary file, starts media player and plays the file. The file is there ok, but the result of this is that I can't save the file to disk, to use later etc. Can anyone advise how to resolve this? Thanks

Lú-tzé 12:24 19 Jun 03

How about rightclicking on the file and choosing "save as" - that way you can name it as you want, and download to where you would like it to be.

Ali-232430 12:28 19 Jun 03

Check tools-options. There are lots of options to play with including saving files etc.

TimCDC 13:49 19 Jun 03

Actually, what I'm noticing now is that some of the files on this site (click here) let me select a destination folder, while others don't, and will simply open straight into media player. I wonder why?
Can't get to right click on the file names, as they are paths, and can't seem to find the right option under tools-options...
still confused!

leo49 15:02 19 Jun 03

Even if you don't get the option of where to save files they're on your HDD so just do a search and fish them out of the Temp Internet/Content/* for later use.

All the files I tried on your 'click here'opened a small box with a download button which on clicking displayed the file name downloading to the temp folders so use it to search.

REgards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…