windows media player on the desktop

alilouise 08:07 09 Jun 06

Hi

i would like a shortcut the the media player on my desktop, cant figure out how to do it though. can go to my music and find tracks but i wanted to be able to open media player up to search through my library.

does anyone know how to do this?

thanks

bosmere 08:32 09 Jun 06

Start>Programs>right click Windows Media Player>Send To - shortcut to desktop.

alilouise 08:34 09 Jun 06

its not listed in the programs to be able to do that. thats what i cant figure out.

its there cause i can play videos i have on a file on the desktop, it opens up the media player.

ACOLYTE 09:06 09 Jun 06

Try the task bar there should be an icon for it there as well as in the programs menu.If not try c\program files\windows media player,right click the one called wmplayer and send a it to desktop.

bosmere 09:26 09 Jun 06

Start>Programs>Accesories>Windows Explorer>My Computer>C:>Program Files>right click WMP>send shortcut to desktop

alilouise 13:12 09 Jun 06

followed that path and there are a couple of options as there are a lot of things under wmp. logically i would have thought i need Wmlaunch or Wmpenc. Neither of these open when i double click on them though.

there isnt an icon in the taskbar

realist 13:39 09 Jun 06

you need to right click on wmplayer.exe and select "send to" > desktop (create shortcut)

B1nary 13:57 09 Jun 06

try this way

right click start > explore.. navigate to folder containing media player (C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player).. right click on icon (dont release) drag to desktop, release right click and a popup menu appears, choose 'create short cut here'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…